List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 16 2002 2:55am
Subject:synchronize??
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Foreman <rich.foreman@stripped>
> writes:

Rich> Hi,
Rich> I have two servers (one remotely hosted, and one locally) that I would like
Rich> to have the same database on for backup purposes.

Rich> I would like the two databases to synchronize automatically and all the time.

Rich> Is there currently any way to do this?

Yes, as long as the updates are not conflicting.
In this case you 'just' need set up both servers as 'masters' and then
set them to be a slave of the other.

Please consult the MySQL replication chapter in the manual for how to
do this.

Rich> Remote server:  FreeBSD running MySQL 3.23.40
Rich> Local Server: WinXP with phpTriad and MySQL 3.23.32 (I am changing this
Rich> server to foxserv with latest MySQL tomorrow)

Rich> Databases have same name and user/password combos

Regards,
Monty

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/