List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:January 15 2002 2:35pm
Subject:Re: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???
View as plain text
Is db2 a symlink to db1?

Nuno Gonçalves wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I've got two mysql databases that have exactly the same structure (same
>tables using BDB, columns, etc.) and different data.
>
>When I try to do a select on a table from database A, I get the right
>results, but when I try the same select on the same table from database B, I
>get the results from the database A.
>
>The only way I seem to be able to access the data on database B is to remove
>the other database from MySQL.
>>From my tests it seems that MySQL only uses the table name to access the
>data (not using also the database name).
>
>Anyone has an idea, of why this happens.
>
>Nuno A. S. Gonçalves
>ngoncalves@stripped

MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Nuno Gonçalves15 Jan
  • Re: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Duncan Hill15 Jan
    • Re: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Nuno Gonçalves15 Jan
      • RE: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Javier Armendáriz15 Jan
        • Re: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Nuno Gonçalves15 Jan
  • Re: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Gerald Clark15 Jan
    • RE: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Javier Armendáriz15 Jan
  • Re: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Nuno Gonçalves15 Jan
    • Re: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Sinisa Milivojevic15 Jan
Re: MySQL can't tell the difference between two databases???Nuno Gonçalves15 Jan