List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Arai Date:January 13 2002 10:15am
Subject:Re: Database Size Limit
View as plain text
The size limitation is becauseof the operating system parameters.  In
order to use tables larger then 3 GB, use either Redhat 7.2 or Solaris 8.
These operating systems allow file sizes greater then 2 GB.  For the most
part I achievedtables sizes using these operating system of greater the 50
GB.

Benjamin Arai
benjamin@stripped

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Demirchyan Oganes-AOD098 wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I guess I have the similar question, that has been brought up.
>
> I have 36 InnoDB tables, and I have allocated two 2GB partitions for my data.
>
> Provided I have very big hard drive, how many partitions at 2GB each could I
> allocate?  As many as my hard drive can handle?
>
> I also have questions with regards, to a table size.  In my case it will be (4GB)/36
> bytes per table?  Is it distributed uniformly, or some tables can grow bigger on the
> expense of the others (if some only have limited data, and others keep having new data
> inserted into them).
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Oganes Demirchyan
> Motorola Life Science
> 757 S.Raymond
> Pasadena, CA  91105
> Tel: 626-584-5900
> email: Oganes.Demirchyan@stripped

Database Size LimitManish Mehta11 Jan
  • Re: Database Size LimitDan Nelson11 Jan
    • Re: Database Size LimitJames Montebello11 Jan
      • Re: Database Size LimitAaron Brick11 Jan
        • Re: Database Size LimitJames Montebello11 Jan
          • Re: Database Size LimitBenjamin Arai13 Jan
Re: Database Size LimitDemirchyan Oganes-AOD09811 Jan
  • Re: Database Size LimitBenjamin Arai13 Jan
    • Re: Database Size LimitAaron Brick14 Jan
      • Re: Database Size LimitJeremy Zawodny17 Jan
Re: Database Size LimitHeikki Tuuri13 Jan