List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 7 1999 8:37pm
Subject:Re: Search engine for the web site
View as plain text
At 17:18, 19990807, Sheni R. Meledath wrote:
>Now I am planning to create a search engine for my site. My idea is to use
>MySQL as the backend database and PHP3 as the frontend.

Please read the mailing list archives for the past week.  There has
just been an extensive discussion on this topic which can't be easily
summarized in on e-mail.

Why don't you use the UDMSearch tool, which is exactly what you're
asking about - a way to index/search a web site using MySQL and
PHP3?  You can find it from the Links page on the MySQL web site.
I would not recommend writing your own, unless you have too much
time on your hands and are very bored.

Tim
Thread
Search engine for the web siteSheni R. Meledath7 Aug
  • Re: Search engine for the web siteThimble Smith7 Aug
  • 3.22.24 Perpetual Database Corruption problemsVan8 Aug
    • 3.22.24 Perpetual Database Corruption problemsMichael Widenius8 Aug
  • Error 2 (Was Re: 3.22.24 Perpetual Database Corruption problems)Van8 Aug
  • Re: 3.22.24 Perpetual Database Corruption problemsVan8 Aug
Re: Search engine for the web siteAndrey Muratov9 Aug