List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Schilling Date:March 25 1999 4:02pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 3.22.19b locking on Solaris 2.6
View as plain text
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Michael Widenius wrote:

>Paul> Each of the lockups occurred at about 1:20am after at least a week of
>Paul> mysql uptime.  Nothing is croned for that time.  It also happened on a
>
>Did you get a back trace from gdb?
>
>Can you verify from the log if it's some specific query that
>kills mysqld ?
>
>Please check your tables with isamchk -s */*.ISM !

Well I feel stupid now...  our sys admin found the problem this morning
after it happened again last night.  Nothing wrong w/ mysql.  cfengine
saw the /tmp/mysql.sock file was over 7 days old and needed to be cleaned
up.

I wasn't told cfengine was running on the server so it never occured to me
something was going around deleting things from /tmp/

Thanks for your ideas though.
--
Paul Schilling
Biomedical Computing Group

Thread
MySQL 3.22.19b locking on Solaris 2.6Paul Schilling17 Mar
  • MySQL 3.22.19b locking on Solaris 2.6Michael Widenius18 Mar
    • Re: MySQL 3.22.19b locking on Solaris 2.6Paul Schilling25 Mar