List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 12 2002 10:23pm
Subject:Re: Very large mysqld processes
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 12), Carsten Gehling said:
> Maybe it's just me, but I find that my mysqld proccesses consume
> quite a lot of memory. 7584 KB each to be exact.

7 MB is nothing.  I'm amazed you get any performace at all out of that,
since it can't have any cache.  Is this reported from ps, or top?  SIZE
or RSS?

> Can I do anything about it? It's a bit annoying, since the machine
> runs approx. 29 mysqld processes at any time.

Are you sure you mean 29 separate mysqld instances, each started in a
different datadir and listening on a different port/socket, or are you
just confused by Linuxes pthreads implementation?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped