List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Demirchyan Oganes-AOD098 Date:January 11 2002 5:32pm
Subject:Re: Database Size Limit
View as plain text
Hello everyone,

I guess I have the similar question, that has been brought up.

I have 36 InnoDB tables, and I have allocated two 2GB partitions for my data.

Provided I have very big hard drive, how many partitions at 2GB each could I allocate?  As
many as my hard drive can handle?

I also have questions with regards, to a table size.  In my case it will be (4GB)/36 bytes
per table?  Is it distributed uniformly, or some tables can grow bigger on the expense of
the others (if some only have limited data, and others keep having new data inserted into
them).

Sincerely,

Oganes Demirchyan
Motorola Life Science
757 S.Raymond
Pasadena, CA  91105
Tel: 626-584-5900
email: Oganes.Demirchyan@stripped

Thread
Database Size LimitManish Mehta11 Jan
  • Re: Database Size LimitDan Nelson11 Jan
    • Re: Database Size LimitJames Montebello11 Jan
      • Re: Database Size LimitAaron Brick11 Jan
        • Re: Database Size LimitJames Montebello11 Jan
          • Re: Database Size LimitBenjamin Arai13 Jan
Re: Database Size LimitDemirchyan Oganes-AOD09811 Jan
  • Re: Database Size LimitBenjamin Arai13 Jan
    • Re: Database Size LimitAaron Brick14 Jan
      • Re: Database Size LimitJeremy Zawodny17 Jan
Re: Database Size LimitHeikki Tuuri13 Jan