List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:siham Date:March 25 1999 4:02pm
Subject:mysql questions (fwd)
View as plain text

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:53:50 -0700 (MST)
From: sih11@stripped
To: mysql@stripped
Subject: mysql questions

Hello,
 I am a graduate student at Arizona State University, U.S.A.
I downloaded "Binary for solaris2.5.1 on sparc (sun)" distribution. I would
like to use mysql to create a publications database. I would like to write C
programs in order to access mysql, So I read the following part in the online
manual.

18 MySQL client tools and APIs

18.1 MySQL C API

The C API code is distributed with MySQL. It is included in the mysqlclient
library and allows C programs to access a database.

Many of the clients in the MySQL source distribution are written in C. If
you are looking for examples that demonstrate how to use the C API, take a
look at these clients.

After installing mysql, I could not find mysqlclient library, and I could not
find anything related to C API at all. There is a directory lib, but it
doesn't have what I need.

*** Can you send the procedure of writing, conpiling, and linking C programs
mysql "as soon as possible, please

*** One more question, I would like to query my database through the web.
How can I be connected from a web page with mysql
e.g.

I can write the following statement in html file
database.connect ("ORACLE", "databaseservername", "mypassword",
"databasename")

How can I do this using mysql?

Please, send the answers to siham@stripped , as soon as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation.