List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 7 1999 1:48pm
Subject:change Password
View as plain text
>>>>> "Lance" == Lance  <lance_lu@stripped> writes:

Lance> Hi all,
Lance>   I am a new user of mysql.  I installed mysql on Win98 but when I used
Lance> mysqladmin to change password, it show the following error message.  Anyone
Lance> can tell me what happen.  Ther version is 3.21.29a

Lance>    C:\mysql\bin>mysqladmin password abcdefg
Lance>    C:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQLA~1.EXE: unable to change password; error: 'parse error
Lance> near '
Lance>    SQL_OPTION password='119c8e0309e5f671'' at line 1'

Lance> Lance

Hi!

Sorry, but 3.21.29 doesn't support the SET PASSWORD option (used by
mysqladmin).  To change password, you have to update the mysql.user
table. Please check the MySQL manual for details!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
change PasswordLance6 Aug
  • Re: change PasswordChristian Mack6 Aug
  • change PasswordMichael Widenius7 Aug