List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen S Zappardo Date:January 10 2002 5:12pm
Subject:best practices
View as plain text
Hello,

I'm trying to determine the best way to setup a new mysql install. I have
about 100 clients and each client has the same 16 tables. In a years time
there will be about 3.6 million total rows spread out between the tables.
The tables will be updated nightly from a legacy system. All other i/o will
be reads only.

In a raid5 configuration, which is a better design as far as access speed:
a) 1 db with 16 tables b) 100 dbs each with 16 tables

Thanks,
steve

Thread
best practicesStephen S Zappardo10 Jan