List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Emery Date:January 9 2002 10:03pm
Subject:RE: primary key that doesn't autoincrement
View as plain text
yes, you can

-----Original Message-----
From: D Woods [mailto:debbie@stripped]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 4:02 PM
To: mysql@stripped
Subject: primary key that doesn't autoincrement

I'm a novice at setting up a mysql database and don't know the answer to
this. I usually set up my primary keys as autoincrementing ID fields. Now I
need to have a primary key that isn't an autoincrementing field as I want to
store the CFTOKEN and use it as the primary key. Can I not have a
non-autoincrementing primary key in mysql?

Thanks