List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Cooper Date:January 9 2002 6:18pm
Subject:Re: 2 GB limit reached
View as plain text
I've had no problems with MySQL RAID, and the performance is excellent
as long as you have your indices set up properly. One caveat I might add
is that MySQL RAID does not apply to index files (.MYI). If your index
files are going to grow > 4 GB, you'll need to consider alternate
filesystems anyway.

For your reference, I'm running v3.23.42. My database has one primary
MERGE table which collates the data from 12 month-specific tables. Each
of those month-specific tables uses MySQL RAID with the following

MAX_ROWS=2000000000 PACK_KEYS=1 RAID_TYPE=striped RAID_CHUNKS=32
RAID_CHUNKSIZE=256000

There are currently over 42 million entries in the MERGE table,
occupying over 54 GB of disk. There are also various smaller lookup
tables, etc.

--
coop

> The 2gig limit is a problem that I'm going to hit fairly shortly - perhaps
> someone with a little more knowledge can tell me what the performance will
> be like using mysql's raid rather than OS large file support? Also where
> can one find good information about linux large file support - on my
> slackware 8, 2.4.17, ext2 testbox I can create > 4 gig files using dd but mysql
> failed to create a table greater than that size (not quite sure why it's
> 4gig rather than 2gig - suggests something's working :).

Thread
RE: 2 GB limit reachedDennis9 Jan
  • Re: 2 GB limit reachedRandy Katz9 Jan
  • Re: 2 GB limit reachedDan Nelson9 Jan
    • Re: 2 GB limit reachedDennis9 Jan
      • Re: 2 GB limit reachedJeremy Zawodny9 Jan
    • Suggestions - FullText ??Jon Shoberg10 Jan
      • Re: Suggestions - FullText ??Amir Aliabadi13 Jan
RE: 2 GB limit reachedEric Mayers9 Jan
  • RE: 2 GB limit reachedDennis9 Jan
    • Re: 2 GB limit reachedJeremy Zawodny9 Jan
      • Re: 2 GB limit reachedDennis9 Jan
        • RE: 2 GB limit reachedJohnny Withers9 Jan
          • Re: 2 GB limit reachedChris Wilson9 Jan
    • Re: 2 GB limit reachedChris Wilson9 Jan
      • Re: 2 GB limit reachedChris Cooper9 Jan
RE: 2 GB limit reachedQuentin Bennett9 Jan