List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 9 2002 5:09pm
Subject:Re: 2 GB limit reached
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 08), Dennis said:
> We have a database that seems to have grown too large, and now any
> operation fails on it. How can we fix this?

If you can SELECT from it, create a new MYISAM table with the RAID
option, or create an INNODB table with multiple 2gb tablespace files.
Then "INSERT INTO newtable SELECT * FROM oldtable".

If you can't select from it, you might have to run myisamchk to repair
the table, or transfer the table to an OS that does not have the 2gb
limit and split the table there.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
  • RE: 2 GB limit reachedDennis9 Jan
    • Re: 2 GB limit reachedJeremy Zawodny9 Jan
      • Re: 2 GB limit reachedDennis9 Jan
        • RE: 2 GB limit reachedJohnny Withers9 Jan
          • Re: 2 GB limit reachedChris Wilson9 Jan
    • Re: 2 GB limit reachedChris Wilson9 Jan
      • Re: 2 GB limit reachedChris Cooper9 Jan
RE: 2 GB limit reachedQuentin Bennett9 Jan