List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Date:March 25 1999 2:39pm
Subject:Re: Extracting a given row using Perl API
View as plain text

Bill, try this:

my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT first,last,phone FROM $table WHERE
phone_book.last='$FOO'");

You must ensure that there are quotes around $FOO.

--Chris

> my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT first,last,phone FROM $table WHERE
> phone_book.last='Blow'");
>
> works while the following does not;
>
> my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT first,last,phone FROM $table WHERE
> phone_book.last=$FOO");

Thread
Extracting a given row using Perl APIWilliam R. Mattil25 Mar
  • Re: Extracting a given row using Perl APIAldrian Gintingsuka25 Mar
  • Re: Extracting a given row using Perl APIVivek Khera25 Mar
  • Re: Extracting a given row using Perl APIChris25 Mar
  • Re: Bug reportFred van Engen16 Feb
Re: Extracting a given row using Perl APIDerick H Siddoway25 Mar
Re: Extracting a given row using Perl APIVivek Khera25 Mar