List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 6 1999 1:16pm
Subject:Re: Full text search
View as plain text

Thimble> At 08:46, 19990806, abu wrote:
>> Someone ask me (linux ug indonesia) about full-text search in text field
>> on mysql, is there feature on new release or how ? Please give me some
>> tips.

Thimble> There was talk a long time ago about a full-text indexing solution
Thimble> for MySQL.  It was waiting for the release of MySQL 3.23, which has
Thimble> now happened.  But I have not heard anything about it for quite some
Thimble> time.  Nor have I heard anything from the person who was going to be
Thimble> implementing it (SerG).  So it may be in the works, or it may be dead
Thimble> in the water.

Thimble> I don't see any mention of it on the TODO list, so I don't know if it
Thimble> is still a planned project or not.

Hi!

SerG is still interested in doing full-text indexing.  He is however
on a two month vacation (one month left) and he will probably start
looking at this when he is back.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Full text searchabu6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchThimble Smith6 Aug
    • Re: Full text searchMichael Widenius6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchDaniel Koch6 Aug
    • Re: Full text searchjonathan michaels6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchDaniel Koch6 Aug