List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Quentin Bennett Date:January 4 2002 2:08am
Subject:Command Line Editing Mode
View as plain text
Hi,

Using the mysql CLI, I have discovered that

ESC-Return Return

will put the CLI editor in to 'vi' mode, and allow me to use my 'normal' ksh
editing keys, available in ksh after "set -o vi".

Because I am more familiar with the vi editing keys, and they are more
powerful than the standard MySQL CLI keys (including the ability to search
through the history), I would prefer to use these all the time without
having to remember the Esc Return Return sequence. Is there a way of doing
this, or is this an un-documented feature?

3.23.40 on Solaris 2.6 x86

Thanks

Quentin Bennett
Transport Systems Division
Infinity Solutions
web http:\\www.infinity.co.nz
mailto:quentin.bennett@stripped
Phone : +64 9 358 9720
Fax : +64 9 309 4142

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential
and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not
disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error
you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately.
Your assistance is appreciated.
Thread
Command Line Editing ModeQuentin Bennett4 Jan
  • Re: Command Line Editing ModeDan Nelson4 Jan
  • Re: Command Line Editing ModeJ├Ârgen Winqvist4 Jan
RE: Command Line Editing ModeFulko Hew4 Jan
  • queryJavier Gonzalo Gloria Medina5 Jan
RE: queryJavier Gonzalo Gloria Medina5 Jan