List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:January 2 2002 10:26pm
Subject:Re: unique problem?
View as plain text
Bassem@stripped wrote:

>UPDATE shpr_rcvr SET directions = 'No. ' where directions = '#';
>
>That should do it :)

Thanks for the responce however it does not work.  Nothing gets change
probably becasue no directions columns are  ='#' there are just a lot of
them with '#' in the field among many characters.  If it did change
something I fear it would change all of the text in the columns to 'No.'
which would send me into a rage.  If I am missing something please let
me know.  And if anyone else might know how I can solve this dilema, I
would appreciate the input.

>Richard Reina writes:
> > I have a table shpr_rcvr that stores  info about locations where things
> > are shipped to and from.  Each record has a text field called DIRECTIONS
> > that contains directions on how to get to the location.  Often in the
> > directions column the "#" sign is used to help describe and exit number
> > off the highway.  For example "Take  I-55 south to exit # 269."  When I
> > put text with "#" sign in into a latex document, latex rejects it (
> > won't format it ).  I cannot find a work around in latex so I was
> > wondering if someone can recommend a query that will search each
> > directions column in the table and replace "#" with "No.".   Can anyone
> > help?
> >
> > Richard

>Message sent via mail archive tracking system located
>at http://www.mysqldeveloper.com/lists/

Thread
unique problem?Richard Reina31 Dec
  • Re: unique problem?Richard Reina2 Jan
RE: unique problem?Gregert Johnson31 Dec
RE: unique problem?Roger Karnouk2 Jan