List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Koch Date:August 6 1999 2:54am
Subject:Re: Full text search
View as plain text
Thimble Smith wrote:

> At 08:46, 19990806, abu wrote:
> >Someone ask me (linux ug indonesia) about full-text search in text field
> >on mysql, is there feature on new release or how ? Please give me some
> >tips.
>
> There was talk a long time ago about a full-text indexing solution
> for MySQL.  It was waiting for the release of MySQL 3.23, which has
> now happened.  But I have not heard anything about it for quite some
> time.  Nor have I heard anything from the person who was going to be
> implementing it (SerG).  So it may be in the works, or it may be dead
> in the water.
>
> I don't see any mention of it on the TODO list, so I don't know if it
> is still a planned project or not.
>
> Tim

I recently uploaded DBIx::TextIndex to CPAN, which perl users may find
useful for full-text indexing.  It does multi-column inverted indexes, with
boolean searching and relevancy scoring.

http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/lang/perl/CPAN/authors/id/D/DK/DKOCH/DBIx-TextIndex-0.02.tar.gz

Dan Koch

Thread
Full text searchabu6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchThimble Smith6 Aug
    • Re: Full text searchMichael Widenius6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchDaniel Koch6 Aug
    • Re: Full text searchjonathan michaels6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchDaniel Koch6 Aug