List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 6 1999 2:15am
Subject:Re: Full text search
View as plain text
At 08:46, 19990806, abu wrote:
>Someone ask me (linux ug indonesia) about full-text search in text field
>on mysql, is there feature on new release or how ? Please give me some
>tips.

There was talk a long time ago about a full-text indexing solution
for MySQL.  It was waiting for the release of MySQL 3.23, which has
now happened.  But I have not heard anything about it for quite some
time.  Nor have I heard anything from the person who was going to be
implementing it (SerG).  So it may be in the works, or it may be dead
in the water.

I don't see any mention of it on the TODO list, so I don't know if it
is still a planned project or not.

Tim
Thread
Full text searchabu6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchThimble Smith6 Aug
    • Re: Full text searchMichael Widenius6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchDaniel Koch6 Aug
    • Re: Full text searchjonathan michaels6 Aug
  • Re: Full text searchDaniel Koch6 Aug