List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 6 1999 12:03am
Subject:subquery
View as plain text
>>>>> "James" == James Ho <jtf@stripped> writes:

James> Hi
James> I' m trying to use a subquery
James> But somehow it doesn't work
James> I already looked in the mysql manual, but couldn't find anything about it
James> Below is an example of a query which seems to be right to me!

James> select ingevoerd_door, website, omschrijving, datum, hits
James> from dd_links
James> where categorie1=(select nr from dd_links_node_leaf where leaf='MP3');

James> Someone has a idea i might have done wrong or forgot

James> Thanx in advance

Hi!

MySQL doesn't support sub queries (yet).

Why not use the following (which is probably faster):

select ingevoerd_door, website, omschrijving, datum, hits
from dd_links,dd_links_node_leaf where categorie1=nr and leaf='MP3';

Regards,
Monty
Thread
subqueryJames Ho6 Aug