List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 5 1999 6:23pm
Subject:Re: Huge insert fails with table full
View as plain text
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Ellerbrock <richarde@stripped> writes:

>>>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Ellerbrock <richarde@stripped>
> writes:

Richard> I am currently writing a program to process sendmail log files
>> using a combination of MySql 3.22.25 and php for the web interface. The
>> tables that I am working with are pretty huge (about 300000 records) and my
>> select statements all require set sql_big_tables = 1.
Richard> I do have a problem with INSERT INTO table generating a table full
>> message. This is using the exact same select statement that works just fine
>> if I don't INSERT INTO another table. The offending code is below:

<cut>

Hi!

The problem was that INSERT ... SELECT didn't honor the request for
'SQL_BIG_TABLES'

Fix:

*** /my/monty/master/mysql-3.22.24/sql/sql_parse.cc	Sat Jul  3 20:29:53 1999
--- ./sql_parse.cc	Thu Aug  5 21:04:16 1999
***************
*** 860,866 ****
  			 (ORDER*) thd->group_list.first,
  			 lex->having,
  			 (ORDER*) thd->proc_list.first,
! 			 lex->options,
  			 result);
  	delete result;
        }
--- 861,867 ----
  			 (ORDER*) thd->group_list.first,
  			 lex->having,
  			 (ORDER*) thd->proc_list.first,
! 			 lex->options | thd->options,
  			 result);
  	delete result;
        }

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Huge insert fails with table fullRichard Ellerbrock4 Aug
  • Huge insert fails with table fullMichael Widenius4 Aug
Re: Huge insert fails with table fullRichard Ellerbrock5 Aug
Re: Huge insert fails with table fullMichael Widenius5 Aug