List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 5 1999 5:10pm
Subject:mysql keeps failing to connect on hpux 10.20
View as plain text
>>>>> "Patrick" == Patrick Diamond <patjd@stripped>
> writes:

Patrick> Hi
Patrick> I keep running into a problem running mysql on hpux 10.20. Every few
Patrick> days it stops accepting new connections for a period. Full details below.

Patrick> This is a HPSMH request i.e. Help! Please Save My Hair :)

Patrick> Any help appreciated
Patrick> Patrick

Patrick>         After running mysql for several days (number varies but around
1-> 3) the mysqld refuses to accept new connections for a period
Patrick>         of time (around an hour or so).

Patrick>         The mysql command run locally fails with
Patrick>         ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Patrick>         This is happening to me on 3.22.25 but also happened on
Patrick>         3.22.23b

Patrick>         I have looked through the log and cannot find anything
Patrick>         unusual. The traffic consists of a number of different SELECTs
Patrick> 	  and a few REPLACE INTOs, all variations on a small set.

Patrick>         This instance of mysql is mainly used for web based
Patrick>         transactions and auth so the apache server tends to keep several
Patrick> 	  links open to each db until they timeout or the server process
Patrick>         dies.

>> How-To-Repeat:
Patrick>         Run the server for several days and it will happen again

>> Fix:
Patrick>         restart the server

>> Release:       mysql-3.22.25 (Source distribution)
>> Server: /shared/gsm/pkg/mysql/hppa/bin/mysqladmin  Ver 7.11 Distrib
Patrick> 3.22.25, for hp-hpux10.20 on hppa1.1
Patrick> TCX Datakonsult AB, by Monty

Patrick> Server version          3.22.25-log
Patrick> Protocol version        10
Patrick> Connection              localhost via TCP/IP
Patrick> TCP port                3306
Patrick> Uptime:                 1 day 22 hours 54 min 34 sec

Patrick> Threads: 25  Questions: 4672  Slow queries: 4  Opens: 72  Flush tables: 4
Patrick> Open tables: 14
>> Environment:

Patrick> System: HP-UX bmdhh293 B.10.20 A 9000/778 2010388524 two-user license

<cut>

Hi!

Could the problem in your case be a TCP/IP timeout? Or that all
available connections are in use (-O max_connections).  Another possible
problems could be out of virtual memory (for mysqld) or out of file
descriptors.

We are currently very actively investigating how to get MySQL stable
on HPUX; We are even borrowed an HP-UX machine from HP to check this
out.

It's likely that this is also a compiler problem.  In this case gcc
2.95 may fix this.

Note that another source to grief in a multi-threaded program is
exceptions (for the compiler).  Try using the following configure
options in additions to your previous ones:

CXX="-felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure --with-debug

Regards,
Monty

Thread
mysql keeps failing to connect on hpux 10.20Patrick Diamond5 Aug
  • mysql keeps failing to connect on hpux 10.20Michael Widenius5 Aug
RE: mysql keeps failing to connect on hpux 10.20Patrick Diamond6 Aug
  • RE: mysql keeps failing to connect on hpux 10.20Michael Widenius7 Aug