List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 5 1999 3:20pm
Subject:Broken aton and ntoa on IRIX using gcc
View as plain text
>>>>> "hugh" == hugh  <hugh@stripped> writes:

hugh> 	There is a known gcc/IRIX specific bug related to the use of semctl
hugh>         and some other calls such as inet_ntoa on IRIX using the standard C
hugh>         library. They are all are functions that get passed or return structs
hugh>         that are smaller than 16-bit long and not 8-bits long. See:
hugh>            http://freeware.sgi.com/1999Feb/shared/howto.html
hugh>         One effect of this is that the resolveip function always returns
hugh>         255.255.255.255:
hugh>             opo 24% resolveip manu
hugh>             IP address of manu is 255.255.255.255
hugh>             opo 25%
hugh>         I also *think* this is stopping correct operation from remote clients.
hugh>         They report back that MySQL will not accept connections from
hugh>         255.255.255.255.

>> How-To-Repeat:
hugh>         Either 1. Compile on IRIX using GCC, or
hugh>                2. Try the resolveip in the IRIX binary distribution

>> Fix:
hugh> 	This problem is not yours, but the GCC people evidently have no plans
hugh>         to fix the compiler. A suggestion given at SGI is to build a wrapper
hugh>         around the call.

Hi!

Do you have any examples of a wrapper ?

(By the way, the hp address us gave me didn't work;  I found some
information at:

http://toolbox.sgi.com/TasteOfDT/public/freeware/1999Aug/Installable/gcc-2.8.1-sgipl2.html

but no example wrapper.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Broken aton and ntoa on IRIX using gcchugh5 Aug
  • Broken aton and ntoa on IRIX using gccsinisa5 Aug
  • Broken aton and ntoa on IRIX using gccMichael Widenius5 Aug
  • Re: Broken aton and ntoa on IRIX using gccDaniel Koch5 Aug