List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 5 1999 11:27am
Subject:windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQL
View as plain text
>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Curry <zilog@stripped> writes:

Daniel> I have need of sharing multiple ds across at least 3 different MySQL
Daniel> supported platforms.  Is MySQL sofisticated enough to 'link' to tables in
Daniel> another MySQL db on a different platform?

Daniel> ie, if I run a query against an NT db server that requires data from the db
Daniel> server sitting on the solaris db server, can I 'cross-link' the db's to
Daniel> include the tables from the other system?

Hi!

Sorry.  The MySQL server can't use at table on a different machine.
A MySQL client can on the other hand open connections to different
machines at the same time.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQLDaniel Curry5 Aug
  • Re: windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQLChristian Mack5 Aug
    • Re: windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQLPaul DuBois5 Aug
  • windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQLMichael Widenius5 Aug