List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 5 1999 11:58am
Subject:Re: optimizing indexing of a large table
View as plain text
Paul Salaberria wrote:

> I need to index a table with over 10 million rows. Using alter takes several
> hours. Is there any way of tuning the database to reduce this time ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Salaberria

Hi Paul

The only way to speed it up, is to increase your keybuffer size.

Or you could dump the data to another mysql server, which is less stressed.
After completing, you could move the files for this table back to your original server.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
optimizing indexing of a large tablePaul Salaberria5 Aug
  • Re: optimizing indexing of a large tableChristian Mack5 Aug