List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 5 1999 11:13am
Subject:Re: windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQL
View as plain text
Daniel Curry wrote:

> I have need of sharing multiple ds across at least 3 different MySQL
> supported platforms.  Is MySQL sofisticated enough to 'link' to tables in
> another MySQL db on a different platform?
>
> ie, if I run a query against an NT db server that requires data from the db
> server sitting on the solaris db server, can I 'cross-link' the db's to
> include the tables from the other system?

Hi Daniel

Sorry, but this is not possible (and I don't see anything like this on the TODO).

The only way you can get this functionality is to have all involved databases on all
platforms.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQLDaniel Curry5 Aug
  • Re: windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQLChristian Mack5 Aug
    • Re: windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQLPaul DuBois5 Aug
  • windows vs linux vs other os versions of MySQLMichael Widenius5 Aug