List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 5 1999 12:46am
Subject:Re: Colum Names
View as plain text
At 10:25 AM +1000 8/5/99, Tom Bell wrote:
>Howdy,
>	Just a quick question, is there any way I can have colum names with
>spaces in them ?

It depends on what you mean.  If you mean the names of columns as stored
in a table, the answer is no.

If you mean the name that is used as the column header (e.g., as in
mysql output), the answer is yes.  Use a column alias, and put quotes
around the alias if is contains spaces or other weird characters.

mysql> SELECT 1+1 AS "My Column Name With Spaces";
| My Column Name With Spaces |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped