List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:December 13 2001 11:27pm
Subject:Re: mysql support questions
View as plain text
At 11:14 AM +1300 12/14/01, Alan Shum wrote:
>Hi
>
>Does mysql work on WIN NT servers?  The technician from our web site
>provider told me that mysql is a linux product and will only work on linux
>servers.  Is that true?
>
>At the moment I'm using a personal web server on Windows 2000 and I can work
>with the mysql database with no trouble... this should be the same on the
>server of our web site provider right??
>
>Cheers

Ummm, you might want to direct this technician to the list of
platforms available at

	http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html

- plus, you can always compile it yourself on other platforms. I
personally have it running on Solaris and Linux; I used to run it on
an NT box until I got rid of that server. It runs excellently on all.

	-steve

>Alan Shum
>Starf Ltd
>PO Box 283
>Orewa
>Hibiscus Coast
>NEW ZEALAND
>
>Ph + 64 9 414 6172
>Fax + 64 9 414 6182
>Mobile 025 832 682
>
>http://www.starf.net

| Steve Edberg                                      sbedberg@stripped |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin               http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |
| "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of  |
| all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily  |
| defeat us."                                                            |
|                 - Supreme Court Justice (1939-1975) William O. Douglas |
mysql support questionsAlan Shum13 Dec
  • Re: mysql support questionsSteve Edberg14 Dec