List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 4 1999 8:19pm
Subject:Re: Order of insertion
View as plain text
Todd wrote:

> When I put the values in using php:
>
> INSERT INTO $db VALUES($name, $email);
>
> if there's a primary key that is auto_increment that was entered BEFORE the
> name and email in the data base, will this insert it correctly?
>
> Todd

Hi Todd

If I get your question, then you have a table with three columns.
One column is an AUTO_INCREMENT.

Then your above INSERT will fail, because you gave not enough infos.
Instead use:
INSERT INTO $db (name,eMail)VALUES($name,$email);

If I misunderstood your question, please rephrase and be _more_ descriptive.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Order of insertionTodd4 Aug
  • Re: Order of insertionChristian Mack5 Aug