List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 4 1999 7:11pm
Subject:Re: Speed enchancements for MySQL
View as plain text
MySQL can handle tables with millions of rows, and 20,000 should pose
no problem.

If you send us the output of EXPLAIN on the slow queries, and also
how many rows are returned and how many rows are in each table, we
should be able to help out.

Tim

At 15:03, 19990804, Craig Vincent wrote:
>I'm running a mailing list organizer using mysql.
>
>One table now has grown to over 20,000 records and since then queries and updates are
> taking 5-6 seconds if not more before completion.
>
>Are there anyways to optimize the database or perhaps use a ramdrive to help improve
> the speed of the queries?
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Craig Vincent

Thread
Speed enchancements for MySQLCraig Vincent4 Aug
  • Re: Speed enchancements for MySQLThimble Smith4 Aug
  • Re: Speed enchancements for MySQLChristian Mack5 Aug
Re: Speed enchancements for MySQLThimble Smith5 Aug