List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Date:March 24 1999 6:47pm
Subject:Re: Isamchk on NT
View as plain text
Hello,

Thanks for both replies!

I think the stopping and refresh were the problems. I am just
testing/learning now, so no one else is using the DB.

I was not able to repeat the problem this morning. So it was something I
was doing.

The script will be handy.

If I may ask one more question - I saw in the NT docs for MySQL somewhere
when I first started playing with MySQL that "the only way to shut down the
server at this time was to use the Admin utilities and do a 'shutdown
server'."

Did I read this correctly? I can't find it again.

Is it still true for the latest version. I just purchased a license so I
will be using the lasest very soon (shareware currently). I will have MySQL
configured as a service on NT.

Weekly I do an auto-reboot of the NT server at 3AM Monday morning. The
reboot uses the NT shutdown-restart (not forcibly) facilities so I would
imagine that all services are stopped by NT. Does stopping the MySQL NT
service shutdown MySQL server nicely or should I use a script to shutdown
MySQL before the reboot.

Thanks much again,
Barry.

At 06:35 PM 3/24/99 +0100, Christian Mack wrote:
>Barry wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am testing and using the shareware NT MySQL 3.21.29. I have a database
>> with four tables.
>
>Hi Barry
>
>Did you stop mysql before running isamchk?
>Or did you do a 'mysqladmin refresh' before isamchk?
>Did you prevent any other user from using mysql while running isamchk?

>From: "Ed Carp" <erc@stripped>
>Here's a script that I use (checkdb) that shuts everything down, runs
>isamchk, then brings MySQL back up...
>
>#! /bin/sh

Thread
Isamchk on NTBarry24 Mar
  • Re: Isamchk on NTChristian Mack24 Mar
    • Re: Isamchk on NTBarry25 Mar
      • Re: Isamchk on NTMichael Widenius25 Mar
  • Isamchk on NTMichael Widenius24 Mar
Re: Isamchk on NTEd Carp24 Mar