List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:August 4 1999 4:07pm
Subject:Re: dual boot machines
View as plain text
On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 09:59:42AM -0600, Steve Ruby scribbled:

> Not with the ISAM tables, they are not binary compatible, when
> 3.23 comes out for NT you should be able to use myISAM (3.23 or higher)
> with both.

     Maybe.  Last I checked, the ability for Linux to read NTFS was limited to
read-only.  You could use some other FS for NT, but expect to take a
performance hit.

     There might be some way for NT to read Linux filesystems, but I have'nt
heard of one.

     Then there's UMSDOS.  Don't know much about that one.

Chris...

> On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Johnson Lu wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > I have a dual boot laptop with both NT Workstation and Linux.  Can I
> > install mySQL for Linux and mySQL for NT on the same machine and expect
> > them to use the same database ?  The ideas is that I am writing a web
> > based personal information system that I'd need access to when I am
> > either in NT or Linux, and having a backend server that shares the same
> > database will be very very helpful.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > J.Lu

What's the point?

An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.
PGP fingerprint: 063FCE320681C336  78C164FC9B2F91EA
Thread
dual boot machinesJohnson Lu4 Aug
  • Re: dual boot machinesSteve Ruby4 Aug
    • Re: dual boot machinesChris Trown4 Aug
    • Re: dual boot machinesJohnson Lu4 Aug
      • Re: dual boot machinesSteve Ruby4 Aug
  • dual boot machinesMichael Widenius4 Aug
  • Re: dual boot machinesDeniz Demir5 Aug
  • Re: dual boot machinesChristian Mack5 Aug