List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:August 4 1999 1:22pm
Subject:Re: Using Perl with MySQL
View as plain text
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Deniz Demir wrote:

>I want to use Perl with MySQL, but I have not got enough knowledge. I have a database
> in MySQL and I want to use this database on web like a search engine.
>If you send me detailed information and/or documentation about this, I will be very
> happy.
>
>Regards,
>Deniz Demir.

Have you looked at the DBI/DBD modules?
They are available from CPAN ( http://www.perl.com/ ), as is alot of
information on Perl.

Documentation and modules are also available at
http://www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI/

You will need to know some basic SQL programming as well as Perl.
But they are easy enough to learn as you go along.

Happy Hacking,
Micheal

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
                                             http://www.whitepine.com

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Using Perl with MySQLDeniz Demir4 Aug
  • Re: Using Perl with MySQLFRed4 Aug
  • Re: Using Perl with MySQLMicheal Mc Evoy4 Aug
  • Re: Using Perl with MySQLSystem Admin.4 Aug