List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Werby Date:November 30 2001 10:58pm
Subject:Re: SQL syntax error
View as plain text
"Steve Osborne" <s.osborne@stripped> wrote:
> I am receiving the following error when I try to restore a database backup
> from an .sql file:
> ERROR 1064 at line 12: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
> 'PACK_KEYS=1' at line 11
<snip>
> ) TYPE=ISAM PACK_KEYS=1;
</snip>

> Cmd used to create sql:
> mysqldump --user=username --add-drop-table -pblahblah
> dbdatabasename>filename.sql
>
> Cmd used to restore from sql:
> mysql --user=root -p backupdatabasename<filename.sql

You didn't mention your version of MySQL, but I suspect it's old.  Remove
the "PACK_KEYS=1" text and it should work fine.  I also suggest upgrading to
a more recent MySQL if in fact you're running an older version.

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC

Thread
SQL syntax errorSteve Osborne30 Nov
  • Re: SQL syntax errorSteve Werby30 Nov
  • Re: SQL syntax errorSteve Osborne1 Dec
    • Re: SQL syntax errorDan Nelson1 Dec