List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Osborne Date:November 30 2001 8:30pm
Subject:SQL syntax error
View as plain text
Sorry for the repost of this problem, but I can't find the answer anywhere,
and I'm stuck here until I solve this.

I am receiving the following error when I try to restore a database backup
from an .sql file:
ERROR 1064 at line 12: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
'PACK_KEYS=1' at line 11

Code used:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Advertisers;
CREATE TABLE Advertisers (
  AdvertisersKey smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  AdvertiserID int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  Advertiser char(50) NOT NULL default '',
  AdvertiserFr char(50) default NULL,
  AdvertDescr char(250) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (AdvertisersKey),
  UNIQUE KEY AdvertiserID (AdvertiserID),
  KEY IdxAdvert (Advertiser(10)),
  UNIQUE KEY Advertiser (Advertiser)
) TYPE=ISAM PACK_KEYS=1;

Cmd used to create sql:
mysqldump --user=username --add-drop-table -pblahblah
dbdatabasename>filename.sql

Cmd used to restore from sql:
mysql --user=root -p backupdatabasename<filename.sql

Can anybody help me?

Steve Osborne
Database Programmer
Chinook Multimedia Inc.

Thread
SQL syntax errorSteve Osborne30 Nov
  • Re: SQL syntax errorSteve Werby30 Nov
  • Re: SQL syntax errorSteve Osborne1 Dec
    • Re: SQL syntax errorDan Nelson1 Dec