List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 29 2001 1:32am
Subject:Re: "source" command problem
View as plain text
>  > database,sql,query,table
>

>I notice that "source" is only accepted at the *command line*. This
>means that I can't source a script that sources another file.
>
>I guess "source" is implemented in some special way that prevents it
>from being recursively used?
>
>Is there a way to do what I want (have scripts call other scripts)?
>
>Thx,
>--
>Shankar.

SOURCE is a command understood by the mysql client program.  It's not
part of the version of SQL understood by the client.  If you want to use
SOURCE in your scripts, you'll have to parse them yourself and implement
it on the client side.
Thread
"source" command problemShankar Unni29 Nov
  • Re: "source" command problemPaul DuBois29 Nov
    • Re: "source" command problemsherzodR29 Nov
      • Re: "source" command problemShankar Unni29 Nov
        • Re: "source" command problemPaul DuBois29 Nov