List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 3 1999 5:19pm
Subject:Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)
View as plain text
sinisa@stripped wrote:

> As from today, sqlclient version 0.99, version for Windows, is
> available for download, in binary form, from:
>
> http://www.tcx.se/download_win.html
>
> This should run on any Win32 compatible platform.
>
> Important notice:
>
> Manual is not up to date and it contains only 25 % of the features
> conained in the client.
>
> Some of the non-documented features are, for the moment visible from
> tha menus, on the middle and right mouse button, including a
> sofisticated sorting of multiple columns and resizing of cells in the
> query output window.
>
> I promise to write a draft of the manual and Paul (paul@stripped) will
> write a proper manual in a html form  This manual will then be made
> available as a help system within a client.
>
> Your feedback is welcome.
>
> Sinisa

Hi Sinisa

* The popup menues are way to large, they are alway half out of my screen, so that I can't
use them right.

* What's that ellipse for in the table choose box?

* Could you create an Button which will show the structure of the chosen table(s) and
their defined keys?

* If I make the GUI client Window bigger, then the query historybox and query inputbox
don't emphasize too.

* The File options are too restricting. I want to give the Field termination and enclosure
and the Line termination strings myself.

* In the results window, the scrolling by clicking above or bejond the visibility bar
should move the visible area one page up or down, not jump to the cursor position.

Really a nice starting point for a intuitive SQL tool.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)sinisa3 Aug
  • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)Steve Ruby3 Aug
    • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)Mike3 Aug
      • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)Steve Ruby3 Aug
        • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)Mike3 Aug
          • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)Michael Widenius3 Aug
    • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)sinisa4 Aug
  • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)Christian Mack3 Aug
    • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)sinisa4 Aug
  • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)Christian Mack4 Aug
    • Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)sinisa4 Aug
Re: SQL Client for Windows (95/98/NT/W2K)Wayne Kodie4 Aug