List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 24 2001 4:11pm
Subject:Re: Regarding Mysql driver
View as plain text
At 10:00 PM -0800 11/23/01, swwww ewewewe wrote:
>Hi
>

>       I am using the mm.mySql.jdbc-1.2c Driver

That's pretty old.  The current version is 2.07; see
http://mmmysql.sourceforge.net to get it.

>connecting to mySQL.
>I have two queries regarding this Driver.
>
>1.Does this driver will work for the Remote host.

Yes.

>          When u tried to connecting with localhost it
>is working fine  but it is not working when i gave the
>remote host name.

Did you get an error message?  What was it?

You probably need to grant permission to the server for
user_name@client_host, where user_name is the MySQL account
name and client_host is the client you're connecting from.

>2. Does this driver supports nested sql statements ?

No, because MySQL itself doesn't. See this page for some
workarounds:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/A/N/ANSI_diff_Sub-selects.html

>Please give me the solutions for the above two
>queries.
>
>Thanks and regards
>Pujari
Thread
Regarding Mysql driverswwww ewewewe24 Nov
  • number of connections increaseyilmaz24 Nov
  • Re: Regarding Mysql driverPaul DuBois24 Nov