List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 3 1999 1:03pm
Subject:Re: MySqlManager
View as plain text
>>>>> "William" == William R Mattil <wrmattil@stripped> writes:

William> Michael Widenius wrote:
>> >>>>> "William" == William R Mattil
> <wrm@stripped> writes:

William> Group,
William> After reading about the discussion concerning Win95/WinNT clients etc I
William> tried MySqlManager and after tinkering with it the very best I can
William> achieve using it is to display the various DB's present on a remote
William> server. It will show the fields etc but absolutely refuses to allow me
William> to execute any SQL Queries. There must be a trick I am missing because
William> without this function what use would this be ??? Can someone shed any
William> light on how this is done ? It would be appreciated.

>> Hi!
>>
>> (This is from memory, so I hope I don't get this wrong):
>>
>> To execute a query you should open a database by clicking on it. When
>> you have the database active you can click on the right button and
>> choose 'query' (or something like that).  You should now get a query
>> screen where you can enter your queries.

William> I tried this, when the graphic folder is open, right click, choose query.
> enter
William> "select * from foo and hit what I think is the execute button. Then check the
William> results window and I get the error "No Database Selected" ...... Oh yeah, if
William> enter the trailing semi-colon it says syntax error so I think the execute
> button is
William> correct.

William> Thanks very much for the help though .....

Hi!

I have now tested this:

To execute a query you should open a connection by clicking on it
twice. Then click on a database twice to open it.  Now you can click
on the right button and choose 'SQL query'.  You should now get a
query screen where you can enter your queries.  You can test that you
are connected to the database by doing 'show tables'.

If you only click on the connection (on of the boxes most to the
right), you have only specified a connection, not a database.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySqlManagerWilliam R. Mattil3 Aug