List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 3 1999 1:04pm
Subject:Re: Error in SQL statement? Where?
View as plain text
tonu-mysql@stripped wrote:

> > I get a really (IMHO) strange error when doing a query like this (this
> > is in PHP3 btw): $result=mysql_query("select * from posts;");
> > Any ideas?
>
>  Remove the semicolon! Semicolons are parsed by mysql client not the
> server.
>
>         Tonu

Hi Tonu and Martin

This is correct.
The reason this worked on your development server is, that newer versions of mysql ignore
the trailing ';'.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Error in SQL statement? Where?Martin Edelius2 Aug
  • Re: Error in SQL statement? Where?tonu-mysql2 Aug
    • Re: Error in SQL statement? Where?Christian Mack3 Aug