List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:August 3 1999 12:44am
Subject:Re: mod_auth_mysql : configure script error ?
View as plain text
chas wrote:

> Great six sense, Van :)
>
> > try ./configure <otherstuff> --with-apache=/usr/local/include
> >Just a hunch.
>
> You were right. The configure script then found the
> apache lib (httpd.h) correctly.
>
> Btw, what made you suspect this might be the problem ?
> I ask because "--with-mysql" then crapped out when I
> tried "--with-mysql=/usr/local/include/mysql" or
> "--with-mysql=/usr/local/include", even though mysql.h
> is actually in /usr/local/include/mysql.
>
> But following your lead, the following worked :
>
> ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local --with-apache=/usr/local/include
>
> (Is this a FreeBSD issue ? or is my system missing some configuration ?)
>
> Anyway, thanks again and hopefully this will save somebody else some time.
>
> chas
Chas,
It's a little known magical potion.  I deal with similar issues to the
FreeBSD crowd since I live in the Slackware world where all Unixens are
my friends, even if they think I'm weird.

But, getting to the point... the apps that want to know where apache and
mysql are, aren't looking for the directory named "apache" or "mysql",
but the directory where they can find the directory named "apache" and
"mysql" to help them find the pieces they need.  I'm sure if you sifted
through some of the make files and deciphered the includes section you'd
be able to determine this more specifically, but, I've found this theory
to be workable.
It's kinda funny, huh?  >:)
Regards,
Van
Linux rocks!!!   http://www.dedserius.com
mod_auth_mysql : configure script error ?chas2 Aug
  • Re: mod_auth_mysql : configure script error ?Carsten H. Pedersen2 Aug
    • Re: mod_auth_mysql : configure script error ?Michael Widenius3 Aug
  • mdk@turbolift.com (was: Re: mod_auth_mysql : configure script error ?)Carsten H. Pedersen2 Aug
    • Re: mdk@turbolift.comMartin Ramsch2 Aug
    • Re: mdk@turbolift.comMartin Ramsch2 Aug
      • Re: mdk@turbolift.comMartin Ramsch3 Aug
  • Re: mdk@turbolift.comJay J2 Aug
  • Re: mod_auth_mysql : configure script error ?Van3 Aug
    • more mod_auth_mysql compile woes.... :(chas18 Aug
      • RE: more mod_auth_mysql compile woes.... :(Daevid Vincent18 Aug
Re: mod_auth_mysql : configure script error ?chas3 Aug