List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 3 1999 12:24am
Subject:isamchk -r without shutdown
View as plain text
>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Ruby <stever@stripped> writes:

Steve> Although crude it is the following sequence going
Steve> to hurt any data

Steve> mysqladmin flush-tables

Steve> cp mydata/dbname /tmp

Steve> isamchk -r /tmp/dbname/*.ism

Steve> mysqladmin flush-tables

Steve> this table is not likely to have many updates (unless i make them)
Steve> if the files have not been modified since I copied them out
Steve> can I replace the files in the data directory with the repaired
Steve> ones?

Yes.

Steve> basicaly I want to know if I can repair an isam table without
Steve> shutting down the db server? under any circumstances where
Steve> the db in question will only be read from while the repair is
Steve> in progress.

Yes, you can do this.
When you replace the tables, you should do something like the
following:

mkdir old-tables
mv database/table_name* old-tables
mv repaired-tables/* database
mysqladmin flush-tables

Regards,
Monty
Thread
isamchk -r without shutdownSteve Ruby3 Aug
  • isamchk -r without shutdownMichael Widenius3 Aug