List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 3 1999 12:22am
Subject:problems backing up databases
View as plain text
>>>>> "Nick" == Nick Kralevich <nickkral@stripped> writes:

Nick> I'm having a problem backing up a large, heavily accessed database in
Nick> mysql.

Nick> I use the following command

Nick>   mysqldump --opt ads > ads.out.sql

Nick> Unfortunately, it doesn't get all the data in the largest table.  It stops
Nick> after transfering 7235190 of 16163001 rows.  It always stops at the exact
Nick> same point, which leads me to believe it's a bug with mysql.  No error
Nick> messages show up, nor does anything appear to be wrong.

What happens if you only dump this one table?

Can you dump this table with:
mysql --quick -e "select * from table" > table.tab

If the second option works, then this is a bug in mysqldump and not in
MySQL.

Nick> It continues to dump the rest of the tables successfully after this point.
How does it continue?  If it stops, it shouldn't be able to continue?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
problems backing up databasesNick Kralevich3 Aug
  • problems backing up databasesMichael Widenius3 Aug
    • Re: problems backing up databasesNick Kralevich3 Aug