Mysql placed the libmysqlclient.so.10 in /usr/local/lib/mysql
and thus out of my search path. A quick and dirty fix was to
create a symlink from /usr/local/lib
On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Nov 18), Ovanes Manucharyan said:
> > Thanks, I tried it again and it worked. (at least it seemst to have
> > created some seemingly working binaries.) (I had tried 5 times to no
> > avail before I sent a message to the list.. so go figger.)
> > Now to my real problem. I'm trying to make udmsearch work and it
> > needs libmysqlclient.so.10. I thought that building mysql with the
> > --enable-shared should have created the right files, however,
> > udmsearch's indexes is still complaining about this file.
> udmsearch is now called mnogosearch, and is available from the FreeBSD
> ports tree (see http://www.freebsd.org/ports for details). FreeBSD-4.0
> is old enough that the current ports tree might not support it, though.
> Try running "pkg-add -r mnogosearch", but I don't think 4.0's pkg-add
> had the remote-fetch feature. You might want to consider upgrading to
> FreeBSD 4.4.
> Dan Nelson