In the last episode (Nov 18), Ovanes Manucharyan said:
> Thanks, I tried it again and it worked. (at least it seemst to have
> created some seemingly working binaries.) (I had tried 5 times to no
> avail before I sent a message to the list.. so go figger.)
> Now to my real problem. I'm trying to make udmsearch work and it
> needs libmysqlclient.so.10. I thought that building mysql with the
> --enable-shared should have created the right files, however,
> udmsearch's indexes is still complaining about this file.
udmsearch is now called mnogosearch, and is available from the FreeBSD
ports tree (see http://www.freebsd.org/ports for details). FreeBSD-4.0
is old enough that the current ports tree might not support it, though.
Try running "pkg-add -r mnogosearch", but I don't think 4.0's pkg-add
had the remote-fetch feature. You might want to consider upgrading to