List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bruce Ferrell Date:November 18 2001 5:29pm
Subject:Re: "read only" message
View as plain text
The message means that the databse files themselves have incorrect
permissions for the user mysql is running as.

ps -ef | grep mysql will show who mysqld is running as.  Then check the
owership/permissions of the files to see if they are owned by that
user.  	I think you'll find they are not owned by the same user.