List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Saqib Shaikh Date:November 18 2001 6:07am
Subject:load data local infile problems
View as plain text
Hi,

I am creating a database for a university project.  I say this because
obviously certain things are not done the professional way due to time
constraints.

I've created a database, and entered the data into files.  This is done
because the teacher needs to see the files used for data entry.  I then
issue a command like:

load data local infile "Products.data" into table Products;

Occasionally I will get the response:
Query ok, 29 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Records: 29 deleted: 0 Skipped: 0 warnings: 0

But the vast majority of the time I get the response:
Query ok, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Records: 29 deleted: 0 Skipped: 29 warnings: 0

I cannot seem to find any consistancy in MySQL's behaviour.  This is an
extremely annoying problem!

If anyone out there can help then please do contact me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Saqib Shaikh
Email: ss@stripped
Web site: http://www.saqibshaikh.com/

Thread
load data local infile problemsSaqib Shaikh18 Nov