List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 2 1999 10:22pm
Subject:MySql won't shutdown
View as plain text
>>>>> "Bickel," == Bickel, Sean <SBickel@stripped> writes:

Bickel,> I am running linux 2.2.10 with a pentium processor. I installed MySQL from
Bickel,> source code(3.22.25). Everything starts up fine. I can create databases and
Bickel,> tables and all the stuff in the tutorial. I can't shutdown MySQL. I give it
Bickel,> the command mysqladmin -u root shutdown. It just goes back to the command
Bickel,> line and the processes are still there.

Bickel,> Thanks for any help,

Bickel,> Sean Bickel

Hi!

This is usually an indication of old glibc or linuxthreads libraries;
Try upgrading these and relink MySQL.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySql won't shutdownSean Bickel2 Aug
  • MySql won't shutdownMichael Widenius3 Aug
  • Re: MySql won't shutdownChristian Mack3 Aug
  • MySql won't shutdownMichael Widenius3 Aug