List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 2 1999 11:02pm
Subject:RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)
View as plain text
>>>>> "Quentin" == Quentin Bennett <quentin.bennett@stripped>
> writes:

Quentin> No - checked that - Although it is interesting that if I set my file_priv to
Quentin> 'N' and flush privileges, the file still gets created, and I get the same
Quentin> error.

mysql> select user, file_priv from mysql.user;
Quentin> +---------+-----------+
Quentin> | user    | file_priv |
Quentin> +---------+-----------+
Quentin> | root    | Y         |
Quentin> | root    | Y         |
Quentin> | quentin | Y         |
Quentin> | quentin | Y         |
Quentin> | quentin | Y         |
Quentin> | alex    | Y         |
Quentin> | master  | Y         |
Quentin> | dmaster | Y         |
Quentin> +---------+-----------+
Quentin> 8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from pet into outfile 'fred';
Quentin> ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)

Quentin> Quentin Bennett
Quentin> Senior Analyst
Quentin> Transport Systems Division
Quentin> Trilogy Computer Systems
Quentin> Phone : +64 9 358 9720
Quentin> Fax : +64 9 309 4142
Quentin> mailto: quentin.bennett@stripped
Quentin> web: http://www.trilogy.co.nz

Hi!

any change you can recompile MySQL --with-debug and generate a trace
file of this for me?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Michael Widenius2 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Quentin Bennett3 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Paul DuBois3 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Quentin Bennett3 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Michael Widenius3 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Michael Widenius3 Aug