List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sinisa Milivojevic Date:November 17 2001 3:30pm
Subject:Re: Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported file type
View as plain text
Troy Bowman writes:

> System: FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
> MySQL version: 3.23.43
> UDF code: http://www.aros.net/~lump/udf_int_ip.cc
>
> I've been trying to implement my own loadable function for mysql.  I needed
> a function which converts a 4-byte integer into an IP address.  I wrote a
> UDF for mysql, and It compiles fine, but when I try to create the function
> in mysql, it tells me that the type is unsupported.  i.e.:
>
> mysql> CREATE FUNCTION int2ip RETURNS STRING SONAME "libudf_int_ip.so";
> ERROR 1126: Can't open shared library 'libudf_int_ip.so' (errno: 0
> /usr/lib/libudf_int_ip.so: unsupported file type)
>
> I figured it might be my code, and tried compiling the udf_example, and it
> gives me the same thing, i.e.:
>
> mysql> CREATE FUNCTION lookup RETURNS STRING SONAME "libudf_example.so";
> ERROR 1126: Can't open shared library 'libudf_example.so' (errno: 0
> /usr/lib/libudf_example.so: unsupported file type)
>
> I don't get why it would be unsupported, and need some outside help :)
> Please?  Pretty please?
>
> thanks,
>
> ...troy.

Hi!

Please check a type of the above ...so file with a file command. Also
check execute permissions.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Mr. Sinisa Milivojevic <sinisa@stripped>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Fulltime Developer
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported file typeTroy Bowman17 Nov
  • Re: Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported file typeSinisa Milivojevic17 Nov
    • Re: Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported filetypeTroy Bowman18 Nov
      • Re: Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported file typeDan Nelson18 Nov